Search

Online Books Download Waifs and Strays Free

Online Books Download Waifs and Strays  Free
Waifs and Strays Paperback | Pages: 391 pages
Rating: 4.1 | 2671 Users | 73 Reviews

Specify Books Supposing Waifs and Strays

ISBN: 0142401587 (ISBN13: 9780142401583)
Edition Language: English

Commentary As Books Waifs and Strays

Charles de Lint's remarkable novels and shorter fiction are, in a very real sense, coming of age stories. Here, for the first time, is a collection of his stories about teenagers&150a collection for teen and adult readers alike. From the streets of his famed Newford to the alleys of Bordertown to the realms of Faerie, this is storytelling that will transfix and delight, with characters who will linger in the mind&150many of them from his novels. Featuring an illuminating preface by acclaimed author, anthologist, and critic Terri Windling, Waifs and Strays is a must-own for de Lint fans, and an ideal introduction to his work for newcomers.

Identify Out Of Books Waifs and Strays

Title:Waifs and Strays
Author:Charles de Lint
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 391 pages
Published:June 17th 2004 by Firebird (first published September 30th 2002)
Categories:Fantasy. Urban Fantasy. Short Stories. Fiction. Young Adult. Anthologies

Rating Out Of Books Waifs and Strays
Ratings: 4.1 From 2671 Users | 73 Reviews

Critique Out Of Books Waifs and Strays
Charles De Lint, in my mind, is what Stephen King is to the horror genre. De Lint is accredited to being the creator of the Urban Fantasy genre, and he seems to renowned in this area. Waifs and Strays is a short story collection full of wonderful stories about a variety of things ranging from a hippie girl freeing Merlin from a tree, a girl how finds a fairy in a jar, and a story of two sisters, alienated from the world because of their vampirism. (this perhaps is my favorite.) Each story is

Back to the good de Lint books. :) This one is a collection of stories about kids (mostly teens) that he wrote for various collections. Some of them have been reprinted in other collections, but most of them were new to me, and I enjoyed them all. Some were better than others, but most of them stuck with me, and showed what a great storyteller de Lint is. Included are some random stories, some Newford stories, the seven sisters stories, and (entertainingly) a couple of vampire stories he wrote

Short stories are sometimes hard to translate, but de Lint gives adequate context to these sketches of characters and stories. If you're curious about his writing process, this is a great study into his thought and progression.As to the stories themselves, the ones that have a sense of completion and narrative are wonderful. The others are, as I've mentioned, more like sketches that are leading towards a bigger idea not quite articulated, yet. However, since the stories are about teenagers, they

This collection of short stories is delightful. I nearly put it down after the first story when I realized it was written for the young adult audience, but I'm glad I didn't. It is filled with magic in modern forums. You can't help but become enraptured with De Lint's characters and style. I especially enjoyed his "Bordertown" stories. I will definitely read one of De Lint's novels for adults now.

A collection of short stories and snippets from universes he already wrote in, this really is a great start to reading Charles de Lint. I've never read any of his novels before, but I still had no problems understanding any of the stories (though I'm sure there are extra things to pick up on if you've read the novels mentioned). I'm definitely going to be reading more from him!

Very readable! Easy to pick up and put down. Great for those times when you have a half hour to fill. The short introductions to the stories are personal and relevant and help put the stories into context. Somehow as I was reading I was thinking about how I would've written this, or how I might spin off it, or how I could get into some aspect of it. I'm half interested now in creating my own little world and writing about who I discover there...

This is a collection of fantasy stories about adolescent women. I'm sort of new to Charles de Lint, and I love what I've read so far, but I don't know if I would recommend this book as a good place to start. While each individual story is wonderful, many have a similar emotions and they seem to run together if you read the stories back-to-back.

Post a Comment

0 Comments