Search

Free Books Online Truth in the Dark

List Books As Truth in the Dark

ISBN: 1615815309 (ISBN13: 9781615815302)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1879
Free Books Online Truth in the Dark
Truth in the Dark ebook | Pages: 145 pages
Rating: 3.96 | 3762 Users | 514 Reviews

Interpretation During Books Truth in the Dark

"I am not beautiful..."

Knife's entire existence has been as twisted as his flesh and his face. The only thing beautiful in his life is his sister. When Gwennie is obliged to turn a suitor down because she fears to leave her brother to the brutality of their village, Knife is desperate for anything to ensure her happiness.

Her suitor's cousin offers him a way out, but it won't be easy. Aerie-Smith has been cursed to walk upright in the form of a beast, and his beloved village suffers from the same spell. Aerie-Smith offers Gwen a trousseau and some hope, if only Knife will keep him company on his island for the span of a year and perform one "regrettable task" at year's end.

Knife is unprepared for the form the island's curse takes on his own misshapen body. In one moment of magic, he is given the body of his dreams—and he discovers that where flesh meets spirit and appearance meet reality, sometimes the only place to find truth is in the darkness of a lover's arms.

Point Appertaining To Books Truth in the Dark

Title:Truth in the Dark
Author:Amy Lane
Book Format:ebook
Book Edition:1st Edition
Pages:Pages: 145 pages
Published:June 16th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press LLC
Categories:Romance. M M Romance. Fantasy. Paranormal. Magic. Disability

Rating Appertaining To Books Truth in the Dark
Ratings: 3.96 From 3762 Users | 514 Reviews

Crit Appertaining To Books Truth in the Dark
When I first started this I really didn't think it was going to be for me, but the more I read the more my imagination was captured.While it follows along the lines of Beauty and the Beast it becomes much more. At times I was a little put off by Naef/Knifes speech, but then I realise that it was in fact extremely accurate for him. After all a bitter twisted soul will spout bitter twisted words. For me the ending was perfect in the way it didn't have a perfect fairy tale ending. Amy Lane again

There are good books and great books and then there are books you can read again and again and never get tired of, books that grab you, suck you in and make you fly. This is one of them. Naef is an ugly clubfooted cripple,despised by everyone but his mother and sister. Living in a twisted body has left him bitter and disillusioned, and so he's beyond wary when a stranger appears on his native island, claiming he wants to hire Naef as a "companion for a year with a regrettable task at the end".

superlative.it's been over a year since i read this, and i stillwhen the whiskey flows and the cocaine blows and the moon is quite high in the sky of an eveningstill find myself cornering people at parties, quietly and earnestly explaining to them at length how some stories stay with us across the millennia, and why they're still worth telling, and what it is in these bronze-age murmurings that helps us feel less alone under a sky full of stars all dead a million years before any of us ever

2.5 starsA very unusual take on one of my favourite fairytales Beauty and Beast sadly it didn't quite live up to expectations. I struggled to feel a connection or affection for Knife or Aerie. Despite being an emotional and highly charged story I was strangely unaffected for most of it, there were a few sad moments here and there but not enough for me to say this was brilliant. I could go on but I won't as I seem to be in the minority with this one.

This is the type of book I could reread numerous times and never get bored with or stop myself from crying while reading it. It's such a sweet story, a fairy tale of Beauty and the Beast. I connected with the characters right from the start. Naef and Aerie-Smith buried themselves into my heart. Their pain was my pain, their happiness was my happiness. And no matter how many times I read this it always feels like I'm reading it for the first time. Experiencing the curse, watching Naef find

I'm not a fan of fairy tales in general, so I hesitated a lot before I read it. What a shame. (I should really stop doing this, I often let a book hang in my TBR for stupid reasons!)The dialogues are captivating, the story is moving to tears, very funny sometimes ...Naef is endearing in his self-pity, but my preference goes to Aerie-Smith (a really weird name lol) whom I found very noble. That's what Nael needed and he found it.Thank you Amy Lane for making me spend such a good time.

'We are good at seeing the truth in the dark, right?' This is a wonderful spin on beauty and the beast theme. I spent more than half of this book crying. Don't worry, it might not affect you the same. I cry when reading.The protagonist Knife is a brave choice: he is actually deformed and ugly. It is not just in his head. He had a childhood from nightmares except in his own home. There his mother and sister loved him unconditionally. When he gets an opportunity to stop being an albatross

Post a Comment

0 Comments