Search

Download Books The Thoughts and Meditations of Kahlil Gibran For Free Online

Itemize Books Concering The Thoughts and Meditations of Kahlil Gibran

Original Title: Thoughts and Meditations
ISBN: 0099415429 (ISBN13: 9780099415428)
Download Books The Thoughts and Meditations of Kahlil Gibran  For Free Online
The Thoughts and Meditations of Kahlil Gibran Paperback | Pages: 208 pages
Rating: 4.17 | 480 Users | 26 Reviews

Define Epithetical Books The Thoughts and Meditations of Kahlil Gibran

Title:The Thoughts and Meditations of Kahlil Gibran
Author:Kahlil Gibran
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 208 pages
Published:August 6th 1992 by Arrow (first published 1960)
Categories:Philosophy. Poetry. Spirituality. Nonfiction. Classics. Religion

Ilustration In Pursuance Of Books The Thoughts and Meditations of Kahlil Gibran

This volume of writings by Kahlil Gibran contains examples of three aspects of his genius. There is the impassioned fighter against politics, for Gibran the embodiment of corruption, injustice and ignorance. In a series of evocative allegories he imagines, against a background of the evils of modern society, the world as it might be if it were governed by reason and understanding. There is the poet of love, whose wonderful responsiveness to the beauties of nature is expressed in sensuous and delicate prose and verse. perhaps most impressive amongst all Gibran's writings are his mystical, visionary poems, describing the transmigration of souls, through tales of lovers tragically parted in one existence and reunited after centuries of separation in a later incarnation.

Rating Epithetical Books The Thoughts and Meditations of Kahlil Gibran
Ratings: 4.17 From 480 Users | 26 Reviews

Judgment Epithetical Books The Thoughts and Meditations of Kahlil Gibran
This book was recommended to me by a friend, and it was completely different from anything I've read before. My first wholly philosophcal book, so to say. And it was a very interesting experience, one I'd even go as far as saying everybody should give a try. The thoughts themselves were quite interesting and quotable - 'Those who do not spend their days in the land of dreams are slaves of time' is something I, as a bookworm, can absolutely support - though I think the topic of love was a bit

I actually have the hardcover of this.

Written in classic Gibran language. Allegorical short stories, a few somewhat obscure to me as they are written mostly for people living in a different culture (Syrian and Lebanese). Not as moving as "The Prophet" or some of the other books he has written.

Soft, sense-filled words and luring imagery, Gibran reads like a psalm or fable. Whether poem or something more prose-y, he speaks like a storyteller, rich in metaphor and image as he expounds on love, death, beauty, freedom and oppression. "Through the thorny path of the valley illuminated by a full moon, the procession of victory walked behind the cavalcade of Death and the spirit of Love led the way dragging his broken wings."

Beautiful collection of writings by Kahlil Gibran; famous poet and author.

From "My Soul Preached To Me":My soul preached to me and said, "Do not be delighted because of praise, and do not be distressed because of blame." Ere my soul counselled me, I doubted the worth of my work.Now I realize that the trees blossom in Spring and bear fruit in Summer without seeking praise; and they drop their leaves in Autumn and become naked in Winter without fearing blame.My soul preached to me and showed me that I am neither more than the pygmy, nor less than the giant. Ere my soul

Written in classic Gibran language. Allegorical short stories, a few somewhat obscure to me as they are written mostly for people living in a different culture (Syrian and Lebanese). Not as moving as "The Prophet" or some of the other books he has written.

Post a Comment

0 Comments